Benefits of joining STC
Membership in the STC and the Manitoba chapter keeps technical communicators in touch with a large community of professionals in our province and around the globe. It helps us do our jobs better and move our careers forward.
Here are some of the benefits you’ll enjoy as a member of the Manitoba chapter of the STC:
- Reduced fees at our monthly chapter meetings.
- Special interest groups—exchange of information and expertise with technical communicators worldwide.
- Professional development through workshops and seminars offered by STC.
- Networking opportunities whenever STC members meet.
- STC publications that bring members the latest news of trends and technology. Technical Communication, the Society’s quarterly journal, and the Intercom magazine, published 10 times a year, are mailed to members.
- Manuscript, our chapter newsletter, published several times a year.
- Conferences that provide excellent opportunities for education and networking. Proceedings of past conferences are a valuable source of information.
- Job bank listings sent to subscribing members.
- Jobs database listings from the main STC office.
- The online STC membership directory.
- Online salary surveys for Canada and the USA.
There are tangible benefits for employers. Read the latest brochure, STC Can Help.
Visit the STC Web site for more information about the benefits of membership.