Intelligent Hospital Systems: Technical Writer
Company: Intelligent Hospital Systems
Job Title: Technical Writer
How to Apply: E-mail (see end of post)
Responsible for technical publications used by Installation and Service personnel to build, package, ship, install, setup, test and service equipment manufactured by IHS.
The major responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Develop and maintain Technical Publications used by Test Engineering, Installation, Customer Service
- Coordinate and participate in team meetings to establish technical specifications and to determine subject material to be developed for publication
- Interview Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and read journals and other material to become familiar with product technologies and production methods
- Study drawings, specifications, mockups, and product samples to integrate and delineate technology, operating procedure, and production sequence and detail
- Observe production, developmental, and experimental activities to determine operating procedure and detail
- Organize material and complete writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology
- Edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other writers or establishment personnel
- Maintain records and files of work and revisions
- Review published materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, content, and methods of reproduction and binding
- Select photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate material
- Analyze developments in specific field to determine need for revisions in previously published materials and development of new material
- Participate in peer reviews to validate other Technical Writers’ work for technical accuracy
Education and Experience
- Diploma or certificate in technical communications or equivalent
- Min 3 – 5 years of experience developing technical publications for staff working in the fields of Manufacturing, Installation or Service
Skills and Knowledge
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office applications suite. Proficiency with Word (Styles, Formatting, Templates and References)
- Picture editing, working with vector graphics and other images
- Video editing would be an asset
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Must have excellent computer skills
- Must be able to read and understand engineering documents
- Experience using CAD software (Solid Edge, Solid Works, etc.) to create graphics would be an asset
You will be required to undergo a criminal background check and drug screen.
IH Systems offers a competitive salary and benefits package, with an opportunity for personal and professional growth.
Please forward your resume and cover letter in confidence indicating “Technical Writer” in the subject line to email@example.com.