Technical Writer, Regina, SK
About the Client
- Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- Specialization: Manufacturing, Engineering, Forestry, Construction, Agriculture, Rail
- Location: Canada
Note: This is a very urgent position and company wants to bring in the right candidate as soon as possible and is open about salary compensation.
- Complete writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Prepare Operator, Parts, and Service manuals for a variety of custom engineered equipment.
- Select and prepare photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate material.
- Arrange for typing, duplication, and distribution of material, if needed.
- Assist in laying out material for publication.
- Assist with determining requirements for and the co-ordination of safety warnings/decals/labels.
- Assist with the compilation and distribution of Service Advisories, bulletins, and related documents.
Requirements and Experience
- 3+ years of experience in a technical writing role.
- A degree/diploma in an engineering discipline, although not specifically required, is recommended.
- Knowledgeable in content and structure of technical manuals.
- A demonstrated ability to compose technical document content using a recognized writing discipline, preferably STE.
- An ability to understand fabrication and assembly drawings, BOM’s and other documents associated with sophisticated, highly engineered machinery is required.
- A working knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and control system schematics would be an asset.
- Excellent prioritizing, organizational and communication skills; being able to work as a team member. (Frequent contact will be required with design engineers, shop employees and divisional management.)
- Familiar with industry and international standards – ANSI, OSHA, CSA etc… – as they relate to technical publications and documentation.
- A sample of prior work must be presented at interview.
How to Apply
Contact Shravan Pandey using any of the following methods:
Technical Recruitment Specialist
1648 Victoria Park Avenue
North York, ON