Posting: Senior eMedia Communications Specialist
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Winnipeg, MB, CANADA;
Job Category: Insurance ; Other Insurance Jobs
Job Industry: Business and Professional Services
Job Career Level: Experienced
Number Of Positions: 1
Date Posted: Jul 17, 2012
How to Apply: Apply online via the original Great West Life posting.
As a Senior eMedia Communication Specialist, you will work with the eMedia team in Communication Services Winnipeg to develop content strategies, information architecture, and help guide the overall user experience for the corporate intranet and the public websites for Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life. You will also assist with editorial responsibilities for the websites and promote best practices.
- Work with communications specialists and other website stakeholders to create a content strategy that fulfills the needs of the content owners and end users
- Analyze information architecture and recommend improvements to the overall user experience
- Create “wireframes” and page layouts to illustrate proposed content strategies
- Work with web developers to implement usability improvements
- Review and analyze user feedback and site metrics on an ongoing basis to help identify areas for improvement
- Provide additional editorial support for the websites, and help ensure the use of style guides, standard use of terminology, and consistent branding
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Completion of Post-Secondary Degre or equivelent with 5-7 years communications and web related experience
- Experience with web usability and information architecture best practices
- Experience editing and publishing web content
- Detail-oriented with strong interpersonal, oral and written communication, time management and collaboration skills
- Ability to lead meetings and presentations with business partners and stakeholders
- Work independently and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Able to manage competing priorities and multiple deadlines
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, Adobe Creative Suite (or other graphics applications)
- Comfortable working with web content management systems, HTML and other web technologies
- Experience in website design, project management, and experience working in a large organization are preferred
Take the next step…
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of 12 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We offer a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive income and benefits, and opportunities for professional and personal growth.
Apply by Monday July 30, with your cover letter and resume.